Tuesday 7 February 2012

Storm Peaks Rare: Skoll

After 4 years of looking for this rare spirit beast wolf I eventually gave up. However today while killing level 80 beasts for the Darkmoon Faire quest I spotted him wandering out the corner of my eye. I couldn't believe it.


So after trapping him in a ice trap and taming him with "Beast Mastery" talent enabled I finally caught this elusive rare and claimed him as my own.



If you have found this post useful or have any further questions please feel free to comment below and I will update the page with the information that you require. 

3 comments:

  1. WorgenDruid1919Sunday, 10 June, 2012

    your very lucky
    I've been looking for him, but thanks for the info on how to find him

    ReplyDelete
  2. WordOfAdvice_MoopFriday, 13 July, 2012

    If you see a hunter who wants Skoll, regardless of your faction, please leave him to them. There is no long term benefit from killing Skoll, unless you can call 2 quests worth of gold a reasonable reward in comparison to the happiness you would feel if you let someone else tame it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SomeUseful_Info1882Friday, 13 July, 2012

    The addon SilverDragon is handy for this. It pops up a targeting button with a rare's model on it whenever a rare is nearby. I've acquired quite a few rares for the achievement with it. Additionally, you may get the alert but not know in which direction the rare lies.

    Get a focus gem from a JC. It's like a laser pointer that locks onto your target, and tells you exactly which way to go once you've got the rare targeted. If I think a rare is one coveted by hunters, I'll holler to the zone for one. I've also invited others in the zone to a group before attacking, to share the kill achievement.

    ReplyDelete