Monday 9 July 2012

Mists of Pandaria BETA: Farming Spider's Silk

I am an avid Spider's Silk farmer in World of Warcraft Catactlysm and often wondered if I would have to change my method of farming Spider's Silk when Mists of Pandaria comes out publicly. So I decided to load up my Mists of Pandaria BETA account and head on out to the normal farming fields for Spider's Silk (where I usually go in Cataclysm) to gather some Spider's Silk resources.

Here is how it went.

Location: Wetlands, Thelgen Rock (usually cave stalkers and leech stalkers are located in this area in cataclysm so its my first port of call in Mists of Pandaria BETA.)

Spider: Leech Stalker (located outside the cave)


  • 0x Spider's Silk
  • 17x Gooey Spider Leg
  • 15x Small Spider Leg
  • 17x Crunchy Spider Leg
  • 50x Junk (grey items)
  • Total Kills: 50
    • Drop rate for spider's silk in Mists of Pandaria BETA: 0%
It appears after my investigation that the Leech Stalker spiders of Thelgen rock will no longer drop spider's silk in Mists of Pandaria.

Spider: Cave Stalker (located inside the cave)

  • 2x Spider's Silk
  • 8x Gooey Spider Leg
  • 19x Small Spider Leg
  • 16x Crunchy Spider Leg
  • 50x Junk (grey items)
  • Total Kills 50
    • Drop rate for spider's silk in Mists of Pandaria BETA: 4%
This proves that the Cave Stalker found inside the cave at Thelgen rock still drops Spider's silk, however its frequency and drop rate has reduced in Mists of Pandaria, from how it is in Cataclysm. 


3 comments:

  1. very useful thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting looks like blizzard may be changing the drop rates of more than just spiders silk then

    ReplyDelete
  3. I_iz_SpiderPigFriday, 13 July, 2012

    Great, maybe we should stock up now in cataclysm.

    ReplyDelete