Sunday 15 August 2010

Blizzard Addon Tutorials: Hello World & Show Me The Money



I have gone ahead and re-activated my World of Warcraft account after having some time away from the game. I am very interesting in building a website with details on items of the game and so I will be creating an addon for the game which collects the information needed to expand on the topic. I have contacted Blizzard about this and they dont have a problem with me doing this in fact they have given me further inspiration to go ahead and expand on it.






I have currently been through Blizzards tutorial "Hello World" and the language used is a form of Javascript so far with an xml feed. I am familiar with the basics of javascript due to being in the website design and coding business myself. Its very simple so-far.






Error with Show Me The Money Advanced Addon Tutorial & How To fix it

If you have like me been doing Blizzards own addon tutorial known as Show Me The Money, you will experience the

"Error Money Type Not Set"


This is because Blizzard have updated their variables in the game but not updated their tutorials.
To resolve this issue simple replace the line:  


MoneyFrame_SetType("STATIC");  


With 


MoneyFrame_SetType(self, "STATIC");
 

found in the ShowMeTheMoney.xml, remember to reload it after making the change by using /script ReloadUI(); in game.

No comments:

Post a Comment